Tuesday 16 July 2013

Job Interview (Dressing Part)

Nowadays, job interview is an important part to go through before working in the company. So, this blog is purposely make for everyone who wants to go to job interview and here have some tips that may help all of you take the job interview easy.



When attending a job interview, first, the most important is attire and image. The first judgement an interviewer makes is going to be based on how you look and what you are wearing. According to Kim Zoller at Image Dynamics, 55%of another person's perception of you is based on how you look. Here's a quick look at the basics: 

Men's Interview Attire

  • Solid color, conservative suit
  • White long sleeve shirt
  • Conservative tie
  • Dark socks, professional shoes
  • Very limited jewelry
  • Neat, professional hairstyle
  • Go easy on the aftershave
  • Neatly trimmed nails
  • Portfolio or briefcase

Women's Interview Attire

  • Solid color, conservative suit
  • Coordinated blouse
  • Moderate shoes
  • Limited jewelry
  • Neat, professional hairstyle
  • Tan or light hosiery
  • Sparse make-up & perfume
  • Manicured nails
  • Portfolio or briefcase

Examples of attire


Women's attire and image

Men's attire and image

DON'Ts

Example of male's inappropriate attire



Example of female's inappropriate attire




DON'T

20 comments:

  1. now I know if I want to interview , what should I wear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I want to ask, I have a tatoo in my hand, it is influence the job interview or it bring negative impression to interviewer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Actually it depends on the interviewer's perception. But i suggest you to wear a long sleeve shirt to cover your tattoo. Because not everyone can accept tattoo and some of them maybe will have bad impressions on tattoo:)

      Delete
    2. thank you, i have confident on my job interview now!

      Delete
  3. Can give me a special skill that can make me success in my interview?

    ReplyDelete
  4. An useful information,thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing , it bring a lot of information to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'r welcome. As long as it useful to you. :)

      Delete
  6. Great , it helps me a lot , thx :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, ilove it !!! Its useful and attractive for me !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Hope it help you success in your job interview!

      Delete
  8. This blog caught my attention to read more and know more the information of job interview! Thanks for sharing! This blog also unique and different with the other website that sharing about job interview. This blog is more attractive and blogger you do it very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you enjoying in the other post about job interview!

      Delete
  9. Thanks for sharing, nice work ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. thx for sharing...it is interesting and I feel I got learn somethings from this....Finally I hope I can use this in my work life for the future...thx a lot.... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'r welcome. Good luck in your future!

      Delete
  11. Have a deep impression on it after read through your tips...The pictures make this blog look more attractive...I think it is useful to me too...Thanks for sharing...Good job :)

    ReplyDelete